Reinhold Gliere (1875 - 1956)Symphony No. 1 In E Flat Major, Op. 8
01 - 1. Andante - Allegro Moderato - Andante
02 - 2. Allegro Molto Vivace
03 - 3. Andante
04 - 4. Finale: Allegro
The Red Poppy Suite, Op. 70
05 - 1. Heroic Coolie Dance
06 - 2. Scene And Dance - 1. Scene: Andante
07 - 2. Scene And Dance - 2. Dance: Allegretto
08 - 3. Chinese Dance
09 - 4. Phoenix
10 - 5. Valse
11 - 6. Russian Sailor's Dance
BBC Philharmonic
Sir Edward Downes
Recording Date
12-13/11/1992

6 comments:
http://rapidshare.com/files/268369586/glrsym1.part1.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/268378105/glrsym1.part2.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/268386204/glrsym1.part3.rar
THANK YOU FOR THIS POST. I ALWAYS WANTED TO HEAR WORKS BY THIS COMPOSER, SINCE HE IS SO RARELY PLAYED.
YIANNIS K, ATHENS, GREECE
Thanks so much for this Scarpia!
Γιάννη, o Γκλίερ τα σπάει κανονικά. Ειδικά ο "Xoρός των Σοβιετικών Nαυτικών" είναι εκστατικός. Που να δεις τις μεταγραφές για πιάνο για αυτήν την συγκεκριμένη σύνθεση!
I echo this comment, although not in caps.
Gliere (who frenchified his name)was of a generation just before Prokofiev and Shostakovich and lived well into the Soviet era, escaping the Stalinist criticisms that younger composers were subjected to.
Thank you for this CD. I am a fan of Glière's music.I am searching symphony no 2.
ibrunet, Symphony No.2 will be posted next Monday. Stay tuned.
Post a Comment