Thursday, March 19, 2009

Claude Debussy: Night In Granada

Achille-Claude Debussy (1862 - 1918)

01 - Night In Granada (Arr. Stokowski)

02 - Clair De Lune (Caplet)

03 - Pagodes (Grainger)

04 - The Girl With The Flaxen Hair (Gleichmann)

Nocturnes
05 - I. Nuages
06 - II. Fêtes
07 - III. Sirènes

08 - Première Rapsodie For Clarinet And Orchestra

Petite Suite (Büsser)
09 - I. En Bateau
10 - II. Cortège
11 - III. Menuet
12 - IV. Ballet

James Campbell - Clarinet
Women's Voices Of The Philharmonia Chorus
Philharmonia Orchestra
Geoffrey Simon

Recording Date
2-6/1/1990

6 comments:

Scarpia said...

http://rapidshare.com/files/210570325/dbssnig.part1.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/210582471/dbssnig.part2.rar

Anonymous said...

Aperedia, Scarpia! This what I like!

Mazintosh said...

Wow! wonderfull record... thanks a lot I Live in Granada !!!! :)

musician3 said...

Great Album.....Thank You

Aggelos said...

Leopold Stokowski's orchestration for Night in Granada is spectacular-stupendous!
The massive Stokowski orchestration features: 3 flutes & 1 alto flute, 2 piccolos, 2 oboes & 1 english horn, 3 clarinets & 1 bass clarinet, 2 bassoons and 1 contrabassoon, 4 horns, 3 trumpets, 4 trombones, 1 tuba, timpani, tambourine, marimba, tam-tam, tenor drum, bass drum, cymbals, vibraphone, piano, celeste, 2 harps & strings.
WOW!!!
Also Percy Grainger's orchestration for Pagodes was kaleidoscopic, diversicoloured & joyous!
And the others orchestrations ( by Andre Caplet, Henri Busser & Gleichmann) do not fail to deliver!!


If you have more albums from Cala Records with Geoffrey Simon, please upload! Such as:
-Borodin: Requiem
-Mussorgsky: Pictures At An Exhibition
-Saint-saëns: Africa
-Grainger: The Warriors

Hanspeter L. said...

Thank you so much for posting so many gems of the classical world. Your work is even more valuable because the rips are high quality as deserved by this music. I very much enjoy getting acquainted with many works (like this debussy recording) that I did not know.