Friday, March 20, 2009

Mikhail Mikhaylovich Ippolitov-Ivanov: Orchestral Music

Mikhail Mikhaylovich Ippolitov-Ivanov (1859 - 1935)

01 - Jubilee March - Voroshilov, Op. 67 (1933)

Caucasian Sketches No. 2 - Iveria, Op. 42 (1896-1906)
02 - No.1 Introduction. Lamentation Of The Princess Ketevana
03 - No.2 Berceuse
04 - No.3 Lezghinka Dance
05 - No.4 Georgian March

06 - Mtsïri, Op. 54 (Lermontov) (1922)*

07 - Armenian Rhapsody, Op. 48 (1909)

08 - I Wonder If It Is Misfortune From "Assya" (1899)**

09 - Turkish March, Op. 55 (1929)

Turkish Fragments, Op. 62 (1930)
10 - No.1 Die Karawane (The Caravan)
11 - No.2 Während Der Rast (During The Rest)
12 - No.3 In Der Nacht (In The Night)
13 - No.4 Auf Dem Feste (At The Festival)

Hasmik Hatsagortsian - Soprano*
Vardouhi Khachatrian - Mezzo-Soprano**
Armenian Philharmonic Orchestra
Loris Tjeknavorian

Recording Date
22-23/7/1999

6 comments:

Scarpia said...

http://rapidshare.com/files/210585901/ippivnow.part1.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/210600672/ippivnow.part2.rar

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU SO MUCH SCARPIA !.......

YOU HAVE NOT FORGOTTEN ME......I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR HARD WORK.......

PLEASE MORE TJEKNAVORIAN.....LIKE PROKOFIEV - ROMEO & JULIET SUITES......KABALEVSKY SYMPHONIES 1 & 2........ETC.......

WARMEST REGARDS......

DADDY

Anonymous said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you. Being myself a classical music radio presenter, I can only express my gratitude, especially for the uncommon repertoire you offer.
Than you.
YiannisK

Aggelos said...

This is CD is a true gem!
Many Ippolitov-Ivanov rarities in this one!
Thanks!

Osmund Kilrule said...

Great thanks! That's wonderful! I'll now incorporate Ippolitov-Ivanov in my daily ritual of Rimsky-Korskaov and Balakirev. Thanks again.

isidingo said...

Thanks Scarpia,

another great and rare gem from you.