Bohuslav Martinu (1890 - 1959)La Revue De Cuisine (1927)
Jazz-Suite And Ballet In 1 Act
01 - 1. Prologue
02 - 2. Tango
03 - 3. Charleston
04 - 4. Finale
Karel Dlouhý - Clarinet
Jirí Formácek - Bassoon
Václav Junek - Trumpet
Bruno Belcik - Violin
Milos Sádlo - Cello
Frantisek Rauch - Piano
Jazz-Suite (1928)
For Small Orchestra
05 - 1. Prélude
06 - 2. Musique D'Entre-Acte: Blues
07 - 3. Musique D'Entre-Acte: Boston
08 - 4. Finale. Allegro
Zdenek Jílek - Piano
Prague Symphony Orchestra (Members)
Zbynek Vostrák
Sextet For Piano And Wind Instruments (1929)
09 - 1. Prélude
10 - 2. Adagio
11 - 3. Scherzo (I. Divertimento)
12 - 4. Blues (II. Divertimento)
13 - 5. Finale
Jan Panenka - Piano
Prague Wind Quintet
14 - Shimmy Foxtrot (1922)
From "Who Is The Most Powerful In The World?"
Ballet Comedy In 1 Act
Prague Symphony Orchestra
Zbynek Vostrák
15 - Le Jazz (1928)
A Movement For Vocal And Orchestra
Lubomír Pánek Singers
Prague Symphony Orchestra
Zbynek Vostrák
16 - Half-Time
Rondo For Large Orchestra
17 - La Bagarre
Allegro For Large Orchestra
18 - Thunderbolt P-47
Scherzo For Orchestra
Brno State Philharmonic Orchestra
Petr Vronský
Recording Dates
Tracks 1-15: From 25/2/1969 To 25/6/1971
Tracks 16-18: From 5 To 7/5/1984

7 comments:
http://rapidshare.com/files/247922310/mrtnwibjas.part1.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/247942116/mrtnwibjas.part2.rar
Thank you very much! Martinů is one of the best composers of the 20th century.
Sure he is, David.
Thanks, I will discover a new way to listen to Martinu.
Oh my goodness! I love the symphonies, heard a bit of Le Jazz on the radio ages ago. I'd given up ever hearing it again. Thanks a lot!!
Thank you so much! Martinu is such a lovely composer, definitely one of the most original and imaginative musicians of the 20th century. It's a shame that he is not that famous.
I just posted on a Facebook thread about the merits of Smetana and Martinu (Pretentious Classical Music Elitists), defending them as fine examples of 'second rank' composers.
Actually though, I listen to all the Martinu I can! Thanks for this one, you are a great humanitarian!
Post a Comment