Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Hans Werner Henze: String Quartets

Hans Werner Henze (1926 - )

CD1

String Quartet No. 1 (1947)
01 - 1. Allegro Molto
02 - 2. Andantino
03 - 3. Lento, Ma Non Troppo
04 - 4. Presto

String Quartet No. 2 (1952)
05 - 1. Viertel = ca. 70
06 - 2. Achtel = 69
07 - 3. Achtel = 152

08 - String Quartet No. 3 (1975/76)

CD2

String Quartet No. 4 (1976)
01 - 1. Molto Agitato
02 - 2. Adagio
03 - 3. Allegretto Moderato
04 - 4. Rondo Improvvisato

String Quartet No. 5 (1976/77)
05 - 1. Viertel = 72
06 - 2. Atemlos, Wild
07 - 3. Viertel = Herzschlag
08 - 4. Still, Entlegen
09 - 5. Echos, Erinnerungen, Ganz Von Fern
10 - 6. Morgenlied

Arditti String Quartet
Irvine Arditti - Violin
Alexander Balanescu - Violin
Levine Andrade - Viola
Rohan De Saram - Cello

Recording Date
4-5-8/11/1984

8 comments:

Scarpia said...

http://rapidshare.com/files/247596689/hnzsq.part1.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/247608902/hnzsq.part2.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/247727656/hnzsq.part3.rar

migwell said...

Is Henze unfashionable, or don't people who come here like 'contemporary' music? I like both, so thanks for posting this. A quick check indicates that among my half-dozen Henze cd's, there are no string quartets, 'the true measure of a composer'. So thanks again, Scarpia, for expanding my consciousness!

migwell said...

Scarpia, perhaps I have done something wrong, but I only received SQ #1,#2,the first 2 movements of #3, no #4 at all, and the last 3 movements of #5. Off the top of my head I would say there's a file missing...

Scarpia said...

Well Migwell, there was no complaining but I'm gonna check it out. I have to download the files and check. Please wait. Thanks.

Scarpia said...

Migwell, I've downloaded the files, unzipped it and everything is fine. Try to download it again.

migwell said...

Yeah, sorry, it was my mistake. For some reason 7-Zip is giving me a lot of error notices when there aren't any errors... but I muffed this one up myself.

Berni (Austria) said...

thx for this fantastic music of one of the greatest European composer of our times, THX !
regards
Berni (Graz, Austria)

Bill said...

great composer, great choice, thanks, bill