Saturday, January 19, 2008

Bohuslav Martinu: Cello Concertos Nos. 1 & 2

Tracks

Bohuslav Martinu (1890 - 1959)

Concerto No. 1 For Cello And Orchestra, H. 196
01 - 1. Allegro Moderato
02 - 2. Andante Moderato
03 - 3. Allegro

Concerto No. 2 For Cello And Orchestra, H. 304
04 - 1. Moderato
05 - 2. Andante Poco Moderato
06 - 3. Allegro

Angelica May - Cello

Czech Philharmonic Orchestra
Václav Neumann

Recording Dates
2-3/11/1981

Enjoy The Concert
Part 1
Part 2

6 comments:

Scoredaddy said...

New no posts for a while. I hope you don't give up on this blog Scarpia. There are not many like it.

Adriana said...

Brilhante! Cheguei atrvés do blog do Roberto MUSIKAL

Anonymous said...

More, please!

Anonymous said...

Hello! Thank you so much for putting this up. Cello Concerto no. 2 is divine. I can't express with words the enjoyment I get from listening to that piece -I don't know the movement, as it doesn't show up in Pandora, but its simply too good-, the melancholy one with the dramatic bits.

I would also appreciate it if you could post Busoni's piano concerto-which I shall have to buy otherwise.

Scarpia said...

crashing-xombie, due to spare time problems I've frozen the posts for "The Concert Hall". I'm managing to find some time for at least 1 or 2 posts weekly. Well, you don't have to buy the Busoni Piano Concerto. I'm gonna post it until the end of this week. Stay tuned. Greetings.

Anonymous said...

A delight to discover your efforts!

True enough I seek the works for piano and orchestra of Martinu, very much under-represented on the 'net.

That my search brought me to these cello works and the performances realized, wonderful ..

Please excuze my brevity; am off to check out the Busoni. Hamelin, what more needs be said ..

Again, many thanks & best wishes ..

Ch!