TracksDarius Milhaud (1892 - 1974)
Symphony No. 1, Op. 210 (1939)
01 - I. Pastoral. Modérément Animé
02 - II. Très Vif
03 - III. Très Modéré
04 - IV. Final. Animé
Symphony No. 4, Op. 281 (1947)
(Composée À L'Occasion Du Centenaire De La Révolution De 1848)
05 - I. L'Insurrection. Animé
06 - II. Aux Morts De La République. Lent
07 - III. Les Joies De La Liberté Retrouvée. Modérément Animé
08 - IV. Commémoration 1948. Final. Animé
Radio-Sinfonieorchester Basel
Alun Francis
Recording Dates
Symphony No.1: 8-10/5/1995 & 6/9/1995
Symphony No.4: 17-21/6/1997

18 comments:
http://rapidshare.com/files/173345673/mlhdsym1-4.part1.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/173360343/mlhdsym1-4.part2.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/173366230/mlhdsym1-4.part3.rar
Güzel Albümler var eline saglık.
Great Albums, Great Share, Great Blog...
Awesome post. Thank you Scarpia for this great music! And, thanks for high quality FLAC files.
could you complete the symphonies of Milhaud? i mean, no.2 and 3
thanks. :)
LL, be patient because along the week, as I said on the previous post, I'll be posting the 12 Milhaud's symphonies. Stay tuned.
Mille mercis! Belle musique à découvrir!
thanks for another great post. the move to flac files is also very welcome too.
Many thanks for these Milhaud posts, and thanks also for going to flac - a vast improvement over mp3.
Greetings Scarpia:
I';m having trouble decoding the Milhaud symphonies. During the decoding process, a message appears that says "WARNING: Cannot check MD5 signature since it was unset in the STREAMINFO." The resulting decoded files supposedly run over three hours and are impossible to burn to a CD. Can you suggest a remedy for this problem? The Milhaud symphonies appear to be the only FLAC files which are having a problem. The others decode perfectly.
Thanks for all that you do. This is a great site! Any help you can offer will be much appreciated.
--John Zentgraf
Zentgraf, there was no complaining regarding this issue. Take a look on the comments of the post of Kachaturian's Spartacus. Probably you'll find some tip there. Let me know.
fantastic collection!! thanks a lot my friend
I have really enjoyed this blog and the music you have shared. Much of it I already have on LP but this is much better! I cannot get the Milhaud flacs (any of them) to work though the downloads complete without any problems.
There is something wrong with the flac file; but i find no answer at the Khachaturian
Spartcus as guided.
I converted Sym1&4 to WMV using "Flac Frontend" as suggested by Scarpia but that only
changes a 3 hour FLAC file to a
3 hour WMV file???? Any ideas???
I use flac files all the time on with WMPlayer & NERO with no problems it just seems to
be these Milhaud syms have something wrong with them.
I have downloaded other flac files from this site and they are all totally fine
so it isnt me.
The 1st flac from Milhaud Symphonies 1&4 is 3 hours 22mins long on its own!!!!!??? Help!??
Apart from this thanks for the great music on here Scarpia, you have great taste in music.
Michel
Michel, I really have no idea what the problem may be. As for today, it was downloaded 354 times and there was only 1 complaining that I think is the same as you. One question. Why to decode these flac files into WAV files? Why don't you use a player to listen to flac files and if you want burn it to a CD, why don't you install on Nero a flac plug in? It's free and easy. So my suggestion is as follows:
Download and install a free, simple and very good program called foobar2000 here:
http://www.foobar2000.org/?page=Download
On this same page scroll down and find "CD Burning Support". Download it. Unzip this file. Inside you will find "foo_burninate.dll". Place this file in C:/Program Files/foobar2000/components. That's it! Now you can listen or burn on foobar2000 your flac files.
Try this and if you have any problems let me know.
Thanks Scarpia
First let me thank you for great blog so dont want to complain! :-)
I already have listened to about 6 Cd's from your flac files and and liked 3 so I burned them to CD through NERO which (as you say)I have a 'plug-in' which makes it work perfect and lovely. So yes i already do what you say.
It is only these Milhaud symphonies that i have problem. I can listen to them on NERO but after the music finishes for each track there is a massive silent gap EG 3hours 22 mins just for the 1st track of 1st symphony! lol so therefore nero wont let me burn them as the tracks are too long for CD. Bizarre situation. If no ideas dont worry Scarpia i will put to experience.
I tried 'foobar' month back but i only have windows'98 so its not compatible with my computer. :-)
Michel
OK Michel. Just give me a couple days and I'll rip it again. Let's see if it solves the problem.
New links:
http://rapidshare.com/files/243138563/mlhdsym1-4.part1.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/243155608/mlhdsym1-4.part2.rar
Thank you very much Scarpia , Much appreciated :-) That has done the trick for this CD .
I speak to a friend last night and he say to edit off end (i.e. chop off!) for each track then burn.
Thank you again.
Michel
Post a Comment