TracksAram Khachaturian (1903 - 1978)
Spartacus
(The Bolshoi Theatre Version)
CD1
Act 1
01 - Introduction
02 - March Of The Gladiators & The Egyptian Dancing-Girl
03 - Phrygia's Dance & Scene Of Separation
04 - Dance Of The Greek Slaves
05 - Scene And Dance With The Crotales
06 - Etruscan Dance
07 - Aegina's Variation And Bacchanal
08 - Fight Of The Blindfold Gladiators
09 - Gladiator's Death
10 - Revolt Of The Slaves & Phrygia's Jubilation
Act 2
11 - The Via Appia & Dance Of The Shepherd And Shepherdess
12 - Slaves' Variation & Dance On The Shields
13 - Arrival Of Spartacus And His Narrative
14 - Parting Of Spartacus And Phrygia
15 - Introduction And Dance Of The Nymphs
16 - Aegina's Dance
17 - Adagio. Aegina And Crassus
18 - Adagio
CD2
Act 2
01 - Crassus's Dance
02 - Dance Of The Gaditanian Maidens And Spartacus's Victory
03 - Spartacus And Crassus Fight
Act 3
04 - Scene Crassus And Aegina
05 - Bustle
06 - Adagio. Spartacus And Phrygia
07 - Scene
08 - Entry Of Spartacus
09 - Entry Of The Merchants - General Dance
10 - Aegina's Dance
11 - General Dance
12 - Entry Of Spartacus, Quarrel And Harmodius's Treachery
13 - Final Battle
14 - Spartacus's Path
15 - Death Of Spartacus And Requiem
Deutches Symphonie-Orchester Berlin
RIAS-Kammerchor
Michail Jurowski
Recording Dates
6-9/2/1996
14-18/2/1997

14 comments:
http://rapidshare.com/files/178747940/kctrsptc1.part1.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/178762969/kctrsptc1.part2.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/178777298/kctrsptc1.part3.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/178791268/kctrsptc1.part4.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/178804218/kctrsptc2.part1.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/178821795/kctrsptc2.part2.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/178859757/kctrsptc2.part3.rar
Scarpia, I spent all day downloading these yesterday, only to discover they are in FLAC format and unusable to me. For my future reference, is everything here in FLAC?
Ralph, starting on december 15 all files are in flac format. Before this date they are still in MP3 320.
But, why can't you deal with flac files? Tell me what's wrong and maybe I can help.
I store all my music in itunes and itunes doesn't read FLAC. I've tried to convert the files in the past to mp3 but have not found a way. I understand the superior quality of FLAC, but unfortunately the application I use--and the collection is so huge my now that changing it would be an enormous task--doesn't support it.
Thank you SO much for FLAc, Scarpia. Sounds awesome and this ballet music is beautiful. Great post.
Ralph, I used to have the same problem. I finally got fed up with iTunes inability to play multiple formats that I transferred my entire library (almot 1GB) into winamp, which is also free and plays EVERY format.
Ralph, I understand you very well, because I suppose you use iTunes because you have an Ipod an you hear the music there, as I do.
Well, you can imagine that I had the same problem with the stuff of audio formats, it's really a headache. Now it's solved.
I use Wavepad Editor to convert file formats (wav, mp3, aac, m4a, flac and others). It's freeware, and you can reach it in www.nch.com.au.
You must download too all the "complements" that permit to manage the different file formats.
The only format not managed by Wavepad is ape: a BIG headache.
I hope this will help.
Regards
Macluskey, thank you for this info. I do have Notecable to do that kind of conversion, but it doesn't support FLAC. For these files I installed Winamp. It did the job but I/m finding it to be a space hog on my computer and was wishing there were another solution. Maybe you've pointed me to one!
Here is another FLAC to MP3 conversion tool that is the best I have found (and there are many).
MAX is the app name. Here is the web link (it is also freeware) http://sbooth.org/Max/#screenshots
I am MAC centric (will work with either MAC or PC) and use only MP3 formatting on my iTunes. I also save FLAC files for CD transfers on selected music.
Note to Ralph: The MAX conversion application (one very simple download) is really an easy tool to use. Scarpia does a great job of labeling and tagging with a 'Cue' prompt in the downloaded file. You simply click the 'Cue' link and MAX will open showing all the music you have selected to convert to MP3. You then 'Select All' and click the conversion button and MAX with automatically convert the FLAC to MP3 files. The files will populate the same folder as Scarpia's FLAC files you downloaded. From there it is the same process of transferring any MP3 file to iTunes.
So try downloading the MAX application, set up the preferences in the MAX application (It gives you the choice of over 20 formats including FLAC and MP3), download a wonderful Scarpia classical music FLAC file, convert it to MP3, transfer to your itunes and send Scarpia a thank you note for all the great music shares!
Good luck. Once you set-up MAX it will open a world of other FLAC files for you listening pleasure.
Oh, one last comment: When you run into a new WavPack file you are screwed (if you have a Mac)...... but that's another story!
Once again, good luck!
Thanks very much to Scarpia for the music and a forum to interact with other posters.
GLW
GLW: Max also sounds very promising. But one question: the FLAC files I downloaded for this Khacharurian music, which I have saved, don't have the "cue" link, at least not that I can see. The files originally are loaded onto my computer from Rapidshare as compressed files. When I decompress them, I get a folder with the mp3 files and jpgs of the album cover. Where is this "cue" file? Isd it left out in the decompress process? Would Max work without that cue link?
Well fellows, I think things are getting very complicated regarding this flac issue.
Let me try to help you.
If you don't want to deal with flac files directly, I think the best procedure is to turn them into WAV files. Once you have WAV files, whose quality is the same, or even better, than that of the flac files, you can listen to it on any player available or burn it to a CD on any CD burner software avalaible.
To turn the flac files into WAV files download a free program called "Flac Frontend". Run the program, open it, add the flac files to it, and click on "decode" button to turn the flac files into WAV files. Simple as that.
Download it here:
http://rapidshare.com/files/181591349/flac-1.2.1b.rar
Well, if even so, you're not satisfied and want to have lossy files, I mean MP3, you can turn these WAV files into MP3 files using a program called "CDex", one of the best rippers available, and very easy to use. Done. Now you can manage your files the way it pleases you.
Download CDex here:
http://rapidshare.com/files/181861157/cdex_170b2_enu.rar
Give it a try and you'll see it's easy and works fine. Some more information regarding the issue please let me know. Thanks.
Ralph: With MAX all you need to do is drop the FLAC files into the MAX window and it will automatically convert them into MP3 files within the same folder as the original FLAC files.
Scarpia has also supplied a conversion application for perusal in a message above.
I would suggest you download a couple of choices mentioned and try them. Make several copies of a downloaded folder. That way you can screw up all you wish and still have the original file to fall back on.
I realize when you first encounter the FLAC, APE, WAV, Lossy, etc., etc. world it is a bit challenging. The key is to play around with a few different apps and see which one you like. Pretty soon it will become fairly easy.......... until you encounter a FLAC or APE/CUE file that has no tags or meta data and you have to resort to a shintool splitter and on and on and on........
But, seriously, Scarpia's files are designed to be converted and dropped into iTunes very easily (the meta data/fields are wonderfully populated with the relevant data).
Just my two cents worth. Good luck.
Thanks again, Scarpia.
GLW
My prefered format, by far, is ape. I can play them with Winamp and convert them with Monkey's Audio to mp3 using Lame. The conversion is a batch process and you can convert all your ape files at once, overnight. The largest music torrents I've seen on the web (Russian) of around 50 GB have all been in ape format.
One of the reasons why these people prefer ape over other formats like flac, is that if you have the cue file, MakeAPL (a small program installed with Monkey's Audio) generates very small apl files. It doesn't split the original ape file, like flac does. If you forget to delete the original flac file, flac uses twice the amount of space for exactly the same audio quality.
WavPack (wv file extension) promised to become the best format all time, because its hybrid mode. The goal of WavPack is to support lossy audio on portable devices, while using an additional (correction) file, together with your lossy file, to get CD quality on your PC. I'm still waiting for its breakthrough.
Johann
another outstanding album! thanks, mate!
Thanks again. You're a star!!
Post a Comment