Saturday, February 28, 2009

Alexander Glazunov: Symphony No. 8

Alexander Glazunov (1865 - 1936)

Symphony No. 8 In E Flat Major, Op. 83
01 - I. Allegro Moderato
02 - II. Mesto
03 - III. Allegro
04 - IV. Finale

The U.S.S.R. Ministry Of Culture Symphony Orchestra
Gennadi Rozhdestvensky

05 - Ballade In F Major, Op. 78
06 - Slavonic Festival In G Major, Op. 26a

The U.S.S.R. Radio Symphony Orchestra
Odisseiy Dimitriedi

4 comments:

Scarpia said...

http://rapidshare.com/files/203460173/glznvsym8.part1.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/203478998/glznvsym8.part2.rar

Le Vert Galant said...

Thanks for these. I look forward to exploring Glazunov's symphonies. I know Shostakovich regarding them highly.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for this Glazunov cycle, Scarpia, and for making the treasures of the sadly demised Olympia label available!

Anonymous said...

Thank you -- Rozhdestvensky's Glazunov performances always seem to me be the most playful -- and, often, the most striking.

I'm so truly grateful to you for sharing your rich, deep music collection with others. I might tell someone else "You have no idea what this means to me." Except... I know you do.