Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Béla Bartók: String Quartets Nos. 5 & 6

Béla Bartók (1881 - 1945)

String Quartet No. 5, Sz. 102 (1934)
01 - I. Allegro
02 - II. Adagio Molto
03 - III. Scherzo
04 - IV. Andante
05 - V. Finale

String Quartet No. 6, Sz. 114 (1939)
06 - I. Mesto - Più Mosso, Pesante
07 - II. Mesto - Marcia
08 - III. Mesto - Burletta
09 - IV. Mesto

Quatuor Végh
Sandor Végh - Violin I
Sandor Zöldy - Violin II
Georges Janzer - Viola
Paul Szabo - Cello

Recording Date
1972

6 comments:

Scarpia said...

http://rapidshare.com/files/195451965/brtksq56.part1.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/195483182/brtksq56.part2.rar

Anonymous said...

Hi Scarpia
Thank you very, very much for this and the earlier posts of this benchmark Bartok interpretation.
Gratia molto & live long and prosper!
odysseus

Anonymous said...

I have been looking for these recordings for years and years. Thank you so much!

Anonymous said...

thank you for this magnificent set -

as ever, best wishes!

charles, toronto.

Bill said...

I have loved these pieces since I was wearing shorts in school. I have never heard this performance and am looking forward to it. Thanks! Bill

grasprelease said...

Scarpia, thanks very much for these recordings, and generally for your fine blog and your efforts! You have introduced me to a huge amount of wonderful music.