Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Erich Wolfgang Korngold: Piano Quintet

Erich Wolfgang Korngold (1897 - 1957)

Piano Quintet In E Major, Op. 15* (1921)
01 - I. Mässiges Zeitmass, Mit Schwungvoll Blühendem Ausdruck
02 - II. Adagio (Mit Grösster Ruhe, Stets Äusserst - Ausdruckvoll)
03 - III. Finale (Gemessem, Beinahe Pathetisch)

Suite For 2 Violins, Cello And Piano (Left Hand), Op. 23** (1928)
04 - I. Präludium Und Fuge
05 - II. Walzer
06 - III. Groteske
07 - IV. Lied
08 - V. Rondo - Finale (Variationen)

The Schubert Ensemble Of London
Simon Blendis - Violin
Douglas Patterson - Viola
Jane Salmon - Cello
William Howard - Piano

Claire McFarlane - Violin*
Jan Schmolck - Violin**

Recording Date
Piano Quintet - 13-14/2/1998
Suite - 31/10/1997

7 comments:

Scarpia said...

http://rapidshare.com/files/209788721/krngpq.part1.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/209803854/krngpq.part2.rar

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this! Great site!

Scoredaddy said...

Korngold has always been one of my favorite film composers but I have never heard his chamber music. A big THANK YOU to you, Scarpia!

Bill said...

Very nice, you don;t see this around much. Thanks! B

WMS.Nemo said...

For even more Korngold's chamber music see at Leverkühns blog
http://leverkuhnscorner.blogspot.com/2008/10/korngold-complete-string-quartets.html
or at Horacios blog
http://ladiscotecaclasica.blogspot.com/2009/01/korngold-zemlinsky-piano-trios.html

I like all of his chamber music. Thank you very much for posting!

Anonymous said...

You're doing a great job with this concert hall! Many thanks for your dedicated work!

Flatulist said...

Thanks, Scarpia. Happy to have this.

Sorry I didn't get by Singin' and Swingin' in time to express my great gratitude for all your work there. It was truly marvelous! Sorry you had to go through the crap at the end. Many thanks,