Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Saxophone Concertos

Claude Debussy (1862 - 1918)

01 - Rapsodie For Alto Saxophone And Orchestra

Jacques Ibert (1890 - 1962)

Concertino Da Camera For Alto Saxophone And 11 Instruments
02 - I. Allegro Con Moto
03 - II. Larghetto
04 - III. Animato Molto

Heitor Villa-Lobos (1887 - 1959)

Fantasia For Soprano Saxophone And Chamber Orchestra
05 - I. Animé
06 - II. Lent
07 - III. Très Animé

Alexander Glazunov (1865 - 1936)

Concerto For Alto Saxophone And String Orchestra In E Flat Major, Op. 109
08 - I. Allegro Moderato
09 - II. Andante
10 - III. Allegro

Richard Rodney Bennett (1936 - )

Concerto For Alto Saxophone And String Orchestra
11 - I. Molto Vivo
12 - II. Interlude: Andante
13 - III. Allegro - Lento

Dave Heath (1956 - )

Out Of The Cool, For Soprano Saxophone And Orchestra

John Harle - Saxophone
Academy Of St. Martin In The Fields
Sir Neville Marriner

Recording Date
12/1990

7 comments:

Scarpia said...

http://rapidshare.com/files/237621125/SaxCon.part1.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/237632278/SaxCon.part2.rar

Pablo dB said...

what about D'indy's Coral varié for Sax & orchestra?
Is there a recording that?

sorry for my english :(

Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Scarpia,
Jumping

salience said...

Shd be interesting - haven't heard any of these before. Tx!

crab9 said...

I never even knew that Debussy wrote for the saxophone. Great! I really look forward to hearing this. Many thanks.

Anonymous said...

Thank you again, Señor Scarpia, for another most welcome gift.
Gratia molto!
odysseus

Larry Fine said...

Greetings from Brazil.
Great blog, great music.
Thanks.