Monday, June 15, 2009

George Enescu: Symphony No. 1

George Enescu (1881 - 1955)

Symphony No. 1 In E Flat Major, Op. 13
01 - I. Assez Vif Et Rythmé
02 - II. Lent
03 - III. Vif Et Vigoureux

Suite No. 3 In D Major, Op. 27 "Villageoise"
04 - I. Rural Springtime: Allegro Moderato
05 - II. Children Playing Outdoors: Allegro Con Brio
06 - III. The Old Childhood House In The Sunset. Shepherd. Migrating Birds And Crows. The Vesper Bell: Moderato Pensieroso, Quasi Andante
07 - IV. Moonlight Upon The River: Moderato Malinconico, Ma Senza Lentezza
08 - V. Rustic Dances: Allegro Giocoso, Non Troppo Mosso

BBC Philharmonic
Gennady Rozhdestvensky

Recording Dates
Suite No.3 - 1/10/1995
Symphony No.1 - 12-13/6/1996

6 comments:

Scarpia said...

http://rapidshare.com/files/243898383/enscsym1.part1.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/243911128/enscsym1.part2.rar

migwell said...

Somehow I have managed to completely overlook the work of Enescu. Thanks so much! Is this a good example of his style?

Bill said...

Thanks Baron.

B

Scarpia said...

Hi Migwell. Yes, no doubt that Enescu's give us a hint of his musical style. Although a little underrated Enescu was not that bad. Next week I'll post his symphony No.2 and then you can compare his style evolution.

Arsumbrae said...

That´s a beauty, dear Scarpia maybe do you have the other Enescu´s Suites? Many thanks!!!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much for all your work!