Tuesday, March 31, 2009

INFORMATION

Fellows, my HD crashed and I had to replace it. Therefore all the information I had on the crashed HD, which was a lot, is being recovered step by step. Hope to return in about 3 days. See you.

4 comments:

mel said...

My commiserations - very bad luck. I urge you, once you're up and running again, to back up all your stuff by burning to good quality CDRs e.g. Verbatim. I know it takes time but in the long run it's well worth the trouble because HDs are notorious for crashing.

My best wishes.

Sankerib said...

Sad to hear about your hardware troubles. I experienced something simular a couples of years ago. Please make sure to check your ape-files as they are more vulnerable than flac and Wav. Also images that has changed from .jpg to .JPG most likely has gone bad. Not sure it is the same on your system but that was what happened on mine.

Good luck! :-)

Scarpia said...

Thank you for the tip, Sankerib. There weren't many music files on my HD. Usually after I rip and upload a file, I delete it from my HD. My main concern were the databases regarding my whole music collection, which aren't small. Apparently everything was recovered. I'm still checking. Will return tomorrow with a post. Thanks again.

Bill said...

I agree with the above sentiment. Always back up on DVD myself. I just don't trust HDs. I know there are services out there that can retrieve information on HDs that have been smashed and covered in mud etc... amazing what they can do. Best of luck... bill